Agri Food Feed Recruitment & Executive Search is looking for a Nature Based Solutions/Climate Action Lead to create a positive impact in the lives of farmers in Western Africa, India and Thailand. The company we're recruiting for is an international agricultural producer and trader with a strong connection to local farmers. The Sustainability Department has received a clear assignment from the Executive Board: identify and seize opportunities to reduce the carbon footprint in regards to soil (nature and forestry).
In this role, the Nature Based Solutions/Climate Action Lead will be in charge of the Nature Based Solutions and take charge of this topic. The Climate Action lead will identify opportunities and create a practical framework for the farmers to make impactful changes in their way of working. You will also be responsible for following up on the changes and reporting the results to the board.
One of the projects you could manage has to do with soil science, where you create a system through which local farmers can measure current levels of carbon and nutrients in their soil and create a step by step process for them to improve these levels and oversee the global changes that are made towards the goal of carbon reduction. Having experience developing projects - next to managing them - is therefore an important prerequisite for the role.
This is a role that combines a strategic, project management and reporting perspective with a strong 'boots on the ground' mentality. In order to know what will work for the farmers you will travel to remote locations, speak to local stakeholders and make an impact together. Cold bucket showers could a part of the experience!
The company is one of the most exciting food multinationals worldwide, with a drive towards doing better and being better. Do you want to work in a team that addresses environmental concerns and soil health concerns to improve some of the most challenging impoverished regions in the world and restore landcapes? Then this might be the role for you.
Interested? Apply today.
- Design and develop, implement and manage carbon projects surrounding farms, working with soil carbon, local communities and private owners
- Oversee and manage due diligence phase, drafting project design documents, monitoring, reporting and verification
- Conduct site visites and travel to project locations whenever needed
- Be a key point of contact and maintain a good relationship with the technical team, sustainability team members and local stakeholders
- ensure that all collaborators receive ongoing training and that they have the necessary skills and tools to perform their work
- Schedule Technical Reviews (TR) and Quality Checks (QC)
- Keep the team members (collaborators) informed of their progress in the project and remind them to stay within the time and budget agreed
- University Degree in forestry, agriculture, natural resource management, sustainability or climate change and carbon mitigation related fields
- At least 3 years of work experience in agriculture or forestry, sustainability consulting, climate change mitigation/adaptation or related fields
- Knowledge of and experience in evaluating carbon sequestration in soils and regenerative agriculture practices
- Ability to manage targets, priorities and develop own goals
- Ability to create high quality written documents (proposals and deliverables) in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent oral and written command of English, French is een plus
- Expertise in soil carbon and knowledge of regenerative agriculture practices are a plus
- Selection based on resume
- Intake with AFF Recruitment & Executive Search
- 3 round of interviews
Interested in the role? Apply today. If you are in need of any additional information please get in touch with Kimberley Perukel via email@example.com.
AFF Recruitment & Executive Search thanks all applications, but only those fitting the competenties will be taken into account.