For a leading international player in Ingredients/Food B2B AFF Recruitment & Executive Search is looking for a Global Had of Sustainability & Environment in Manufacturing & Supply Chain. The company has always been a leader in the field in sustainability when it comes to the first part of the food chain, but it has now affirmed its commitment to reducing the carbon & environmental footprint at the plants and in the supply chain. In order to do so they are looking for a groundbreaking professional to set up the new Sustainability & Environment in Manufacturing en Supply Chain program, who speaks the language of the Heads of Plants and other Supply Chain professional and can show them the ways to improve their results in the field of environment and sustainability.
The ideal candidate has a background in manufacturing and a passion for sustainability. They know the questions and focus points for the heads of plants and can advise them and work with them to introduce new ways of working or tweak current practices to improve environmental efforts while negating adverse effects on the business.
In this role you have a very entrepreneurial position. You work within the matrix organization with all the production facilities in Europe, the Americas and Asia and get to determine your own agenda. Creating a team, building the program and setting up KPI's for this part of business will all be within your own hands.
This is the perfect opportunity for professionals who have a strong background in change management in manufacturing, a passion for sustainability and a need for freedom and autonomy in their roles. This role will require you to travel to plants across the world, with a focus on Europe and the USA. The company is extremely ambitious, has very short reporting lines and expects their employees to work out of their own competenties and knowledge. This is not the right environment if you need to have your hand held. It is, however, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity if you want to set up the sustainability and environmental efforts for manufacturing and supply chain in a multinational organization.
The right candidate can be based in the Netherlands or in another European country. Frequent travel will be a strong component of this role. A relocation package is available for international applicants.
- Set up and lead the global strategy in all environmental related areas for the manufacturing organization by establishing a system for monitoring environmental compliance and environmental impact reduction programs
- Define and develop a system for identifying high/medium/low risk facilities with respect to their environmental foot print
- Define opportunities for the production facilities (and supply chain afterwards) to reduce their carbon emission without having a negative impact on business, monitoring key changes in local environmental laws to ensure compliance
- Provide expert knowledge including compliance help to internal stakeholders for successfully reducing our environmental footprint and achieving our sustainability goals (energy usage, renewable energy %, carbon emission, water usage
- Strengthen the system for monthly recording and reporting of environmental KPI’s
- Support/justify Capex projects for improvement in environmental compliance and environmental impact reduction
- University level education
- Background in an operational setting
- 10-15 years experience overseeing either Operations with a strong environmental component or overseeing environmental management across one or multiple manufacturing/processing facilities
- Strong communicator who can set up a new program from scratch and be a strong partner to internal stakeholders
- International experience is a strong plus
- At least 5 years working experience within the Food industry
- Selection based on CV
- Intake by AFF Recruitment & Executive Search
- Interviews (either in person or via videoconference)
- Terms of employment interview
Interested in the role? Apply directly via the website or ask any additional questions via firstname.lastname@example.org.